New Professional and Generic Skills Programme
Severn Postgraduate Medical Education (PGME), provides Professional and Generic Skills training, which covers the non-clinical skills needed by effective clinicians. Specialist Trainees are encouraged to complete this programme or find equivalent training elsewhere.
From Autumn the training will be provided across the patch as a single linked programme of 6 modules (7 days in total) which will cover the following topics:
- Module 1 Safety and Quality – 1 day
- Module 2 Teaching and Learning – 1 day
- Module 3 Communication – 1 day
- Module 4 Medical Ethics and Law – 1 day
- Module 5 NHS Structures and funding – 1 day
- Module 6 Leadership and Management – 2 days
The programme is primarily designed for doctors in training at ST3 and above, working within Severn PGME’s jurisdiction*
(*The same programme will also be delivered in Peninsula Postgraduate Medical Education).
The modules will be delivered in 3 areas:
- Weston super Mare/Taunton
This new programme will be delivered by Plymouth and Bristol Universities working together in partnership.
For further information please contact the programme administrator.