- To witness ‘good people at work’ and observe role models.
- For trainees to be able to identify themselves as Leaders.
- For trainees to gain the understanding to enable them to engage with the leadership process and recognise leadership in the everyday work.
- To tap into the rich educational resource that is work-based learning.
- To ensure that leadership development is available to all, and not only available within "high end" programmes
To enable this, we are planning leadership initiatives in the workplace to include:
- Recruitment of Leadership Mentors and Leads within each Trust
- Recruitment of Leadership Fellows working with senior trust managers within an organisation.
- Secondment posts supported by HEE. NHSLA to support PG Cert in Healthcare Management and Leadership.
- Whilst supporting both Fellows and Mentors, we will expand Leadership coaches and mentors from within the NHSLA to help underpin leadership expansion into the workplace learning.