Lay Representative Guide
Your role is to help ensure that the process for running a Quality Panel is adhered to.
- The number of trainee representatives on the panel exceeds other panel members
- The panel confines discussions to posts and not the performance of individual trainees
- The panel needs to include in its report ways in which the post can be improved
- The panel highlight areas of good practice in the Report
- Encourage reporting of timeframes for implementation of action plans
- Fully understand the Quality Panel process by reading all pages of the website
- Be an honest broker should any disagreements arise
- Ensure that reports are sent to relevant stakeholders
- Ensure that you are copied in to any information relating to Quality Panels
- Raise any concerns about Quality Panel processes to the Quality Team
- Highlight and identify any conflicts of interest and ensure that this is discussed at the beginning of the meeting.