This is a new area the Deanery would like to promote. Just as carbon reduction is important, so is maintaining a healthy lifestyle. More often then not, the two areas overlap.
In tackling this area the Deanery:
- Includes healthy themes in the monthly green gazette such as how to stay warm in the winter without burning serious carbon, where to access or eat locally grown food, completing a green spring clean, and the benefits of getting outside.
- Has a slot at monthly staff meetings to allow for Q&A
- Maintains a green notice board with key facts posters
- Has run programmes highlighting environmental issues
The Deanery is also considering
- How it can get involved with NHS forests
- Using sustainability to build and develop teams
- Arranging sustainable fundraising events to support health charities
- Incorporating sustainability into appraisal