Our aim is to promote environmentally friendly forms of transport wherever possible for Deanery employees, visitors, and trainees.
Since implementing the environmental policy the Deanery has made the following changes:
- Promoted car sharing both to and from work, and for work-related travel.
- Promoted cycling and provided cycling information including the SHA-endorsed bike scheme
- Provided support to new cyclists
- Provided visitors with more sustainable transport methods to get to the Deanery.
- Encourage Deanery employees to use video-conferencing facilities.
To see how we are doing in this area, check out our performance page
Our next challenge is to see what more can be done to reduce business miles, and to look at trainee travel distances.