National Major Trauma and Pre-Hospital Emergency Medicine Conference 2014
Category: Foundation - Other
Date: November 14th 2014 until November 15th 2014
Location: John Radcliffe Hospital, Headley Way, Oxford OX3 9DU
Calling all Foundation Doctors interested in major trauma or pre-hospital emergency medicine.
The 2nd Oxford University National Major Trauma and Pre-Hospital Emergency Medicine Conference will be taking place at the John Radcliffe Hospital in Oxford on Friday 14th and Saturday 15th November.
Day 1 is packed full of lectures by world-leading experts in pre-hospital care and major trauma, followed by a black-tie Gala Dinner in one of Oxford University's oldest colleges. Day 2 is a mixture of fascinating lectures as well as hands-on practical skills workshops. All for just £80 (or less for individual days, without dinner etc).
Keynote speakers include:
- Dr Gareth Davies (Medical Director, London's Air Ambulance)
- Captain Neil Jeffers (Chief Pilot, London's Air Ambulance)
- Mr Mark Wilson (Consultant Neurosurgeon and Pre-Hospital Care Doctor, London's Air Ambulance)
- Dr John Hinds (Pre-Hospital Care Doctor, Motorcycle Union of Ireland)
- Dr Julian Thompson (Executive Director, London's Air Ambulance)
- Dr Syed Masud (Clinical Lead, Thames Valley and Chiltern Air Ambulance)
- Dr Helen Higham (Medical Director of Oxford Simulation, Teaching and Research Centre)
- Chest drain insertion
- Pre-hospital anaesthesia
- Major haemorrhage control
For more information and to buy tickets, please go to www.studentoxtrauma.org/conference2014.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org