Category: Educational/Clinical Supervisors - Established Trainers Courses
Date: January 13th 2020 9:30am until 4:30pm
Location: North Somerset Academy, Weston General Hospital (Lecture Theatre) BS23 4TQ
This workshop develops the knowledge and skills and understanding about how to be an effective mentor for medical trainees and advise and guide them in how to maximise professional and personal development.
By the end of this workshop participants will be able to:
- To outline the knowledge and skills required for recognised best practice in mentoring
- To describe the mentoring process
- To summarise how mentoring can create a positive learning environment and contribute to educational development for postgraduate medical trainees
The programme will cover:
- Preparing for mentoring including the appropriate environment and building rapport
- The mentoring process including a mentoring framework
- The role of the mentor
- Key skills
- Practical exercises
- Discussion about sharing best practice in the NHS
To book a place please email Severn Education Team. When emailing please confirm the event title and the date you are interested in attending, along with your GMC/GDC number.