Selection Methodology Training (ES9)
Category: Training - Selection Methodology
Date: March 17th 2014 1:00pm until 4:00pm
Location: Severn Postgraduate Medical Education, Deanery House, Vantage Office Park, Hambrook, Bristol BS34 6PT
18 places available
To register please complete the form at the bottom of this page.
For further details and dates of courses please contact Hannah Parnell, email@example.com
To provide an overview of the application process and interviewing techniques currently in use. It is a mandatory requirement for anyone interviewing trainees on behalf of the Severn Deanery.
By the end of the workshop participants will be able to:
• Understand the concept of positive and negative indicators for evaluating answers.
• Explain the need for standardised scoring.
• Use a standardised scoring system to grade candidates at interview.
• Record objective evidence of candidates’ statements/performance in ways that will be helpful in justifying decisions.
• Identify some effective and less effective ways of asking objective questions at interview.
• Gain practical skills in interviewing
13:30 Introduction to Selection Methodology
The importance of the person specification
Interview panel formats
Equal Opportunities, sources of bias and error
14:30 Question Design
Designing positive and negative indicators
The Behavioural Interview
Situational/scenario based questions
Practice with behavioural questioning
Peeling and probing
15:30 Tea and Coffee
15:45 Interview Scoring Systems
Deciding on appointability
Further interview practice
Dealing with tied scores