Selection Methodology Training (ES9)
Category: Training - Selection Methodology
Date: March 18th 2014 9:30am until 12:30pm
Location: Severn Postgraduate Medical Education, Vantage Office Park, Old Gloucester Road, Hambrook, Bristol Avon BS34 6PT
6 places available
To register please complete the form at the bottom of this page.
For further details and dates of courses please contact Hannah Parnell, firstname.lastname@example.org
To provide an overview of the application process and interviewing techniques currently in use. It is a mandatory requirement for anyone interviewing trainees on behalf of the Severn Deanery.
By the end of the workshop participants will be able to:
• Understand the concept of positive and negative indicators for evaluating answers.
• Explain the need for standardised scoring.
• Use a standardised scoring system to grade candidates at interview.
• Record objective evidence of candidates’ statements/performance in ways that will be helpful in justifying decisions.
• Identify some effective and less effective ways of asking objective questions at interview.
• Gain practical skills in interviewing
09:30 Tea, Coffee and Registration
10:00 Introduction to Selection Methodology
The importance of the person specification
Interview panel formats
Equal Opportunities, sources of bias and error
11:00 Question Design
Designing positive and negative indicators
The Behavioural Interview
Situational/scenario based questions
Practice with behavioural questioning
Peeling and probing
11:30 Tea and Coffee
11:45 Interview Scoring Systems
Deciding on appointability
Further interview practice
Dealing with tied scores