Teaching Skills 1: Introduction to Teaching and Learning
Category: Educational/Clinical Supervisors - Established Trainers Courses
Date: October 25th 2019 9:30am until 3:30pm
Location: First Floor, Park House, 1200 Bristol Parkway North, Newbrick Road, Bristol (Room 9a, 9b, 9c) BS34 8YU
This one day course provides an overview of best practice and underpinning research in education and training.
Objectives: by the end of the day participants will be able to:
- Facilitate the learning of others in their team(s)
- Describe the teaching aspects of the roles of Clinical and Educational Supervisors
- Describe the ways in which adults learn bestincluding 2 different learning style theories
- Summarise the principles of instructional design
- Devise learning objectives after analysing a situation for potential learning opportunities
- Successfully use a model for reflective practice, and discuss the rationale for using this in medical education
To book a place please email Severn Education Team. When emailing please confirm the event title and the date you are interested in attending, along with your GMC or GDC number.