Information Bulletin – 21/08/2019
Sexual Health & HIV specialist training taster day 2019
Are you a Foundation Year or Core Medical Training Doctor?
Would you be interested in a career in sexual health and HIV?
Please join us for a day of talks aimed to give trainees an overview of the specialty, particularly for those who have not had any sexual health or HIV placements.
- Learn about the specialty, service developments and future medical workforce requirements
- A day in the life of a Sexual Health and HIV Consultant
- Understand training requirements, the curriculum and how it is delivered
- Learn about research opportunities and OOPEs abroad
- Informal discussions with Programme Directors, Educational Supervisors and current sexual health and HIV trainees
- Discuss topical sexual health matters and HIV scenarios
Monday 7th October 2019 HEE London & South East Stewart House, Russell Square, London 0930-1630 (approx.) Lunch and refreshments will be provided.
Registration and admission is free. Places are limited – please apply for study leave and click here to register.
For any queries please contact:
Consultant HIV & Sexual Health
Croydon University Hospital
Nick Groom of Oxford Brookes & the College of Paramedics has organised a Moulage course as below:
The course is three days run by Paul Savage who has tremendous experience of moulage and most notable work is with the ATACC course. We have made arrangements to organise this course for £330 per person for all three days compared to £180 per day! And will cover medical and traumatic injuries for both urgent and emergency patientss
The course is planned to be run at Oxford Brookes University, Marston Road,Oxford and the dates we have planned currently are the 18th to 20th December 2019.
There are a number of spaces still free, if interested please email Nick (email@example.com) with expression of interest and for more details.
F2 Regional Teaching (F2s only)
Severn Foundation School runs a rich and varied F2 regional teaching programme between October and May which contributes to your core teaching hours and aspects of the foundation curriculum. As well as being a chance to network and catch up with foundation colleagues from around the patch, we hope you will find the Severn F2 Regional Teaching Programme fun, informative and useful.
All our F2s are expected to attend a minimum of four Regional Teaching Days consisting of:
1 Clinical Skills day (mandatory)
1 Human Factors session (mandatory)
2 other Regional Teaching days of your choice
You are of course welcome to attend more if you wish!
The Regional Teaching Programme uses days from your study leave allocation. Study Leave needs to be agreed and booked prior to booking onto courses. Please see the Foundation Study Leave policy Maxcourse
In order to book into regional Teaching sessions, you will need to register on Maxcourse.
Please ensure you fully complete your personal details including your F2 Trust, your address (this helps match you with others in your area who might wish to share lifts), and crucially, your profession (Foundation Year 2) as you will not be able to book onto courses otherwise.
Once you have registered, you will be able to book onto Regional Teaching sessions. A few points to note:
- DO book study leave with your department in advance
- DO spread your Regional Teaching sessions throughout the year
- DO check the calendar on Maxcourse regularly, as not all courses are available yet
- DO NOT book into multiple sessions of the same course – space is limited, and it is unfair to block places which others could take – this applies in particular to the mandatory Human Factors and Clinical Skills courses
- DO NOT book yourself into more than one course on the same date – again, space is limited, and it is unfair to block places
- DO NOT cancel at the last minute or fail to show up without good cause. If you realise you can’t attend a session you have booked, log into Maxcourse as soon as possible to cancel your place