Foundation School Bulletin - 04/12/19
The National Association of Clinical Tutors (NACT) Through our courses, workshops and conferences, we provide opportunities for our members and others to improve their skills and knowledge in the field of PGME and there's a Foundation Programme event being held with details below:
Call for Papers
FP SHARING EVENT, 27TH March 2020
- The abstract should not be more than 200 words in length (excluding references)
- Please use the following headings:
- Background (context setting including why the innovation/development was introduced)
- Key messages
Deadline for abstracts is 5pm Monday 16th December 2019.
Any references quoted in the abstract should be listed at the end, using the Harvard reference style.
Papers will be presented as oral or poster presentations. Papers describing work in progress are eligible.
As it is a Sharing event, please note that authors must register for the meeting (27th March 2020) as delegates.
We look forward to receiving your Abstract Submission Form , by
5pm Monday 16th December 2019.
For further information, please contact the NACT UK office:
Tel: 01908 272898 email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please see website below for more information:
Operational and Foundation Guide
Please see the link below for UKFPO Operational and Foundation guides for trainees
Foundation Course in Clinical Radiology
Our essential starter pack for a flying career
- A course for F1, F2, CT1, CT2 docs
- 7th February, 2020
- Royal College of Radiologists, London
- Conveners Dr Kish Mankad & Dr Dylan Roi
- Tickets £135 Register at: www.radiologyrecipes.com
09:00: Abdo-pelvic imaging, Dr Doug Pendse, University College London Hospital
09:45: Cardio-thoracic imaging, Dr Michelle Mak, Guy’s & St Thomas’ Hospital
11:00: A&E Cases, Dr Dylan Roi, St Mary’s Hospital
11:45: Interventional Radiology, Dr Riad Alchanan, King’s College Hospital
13:15: Musculoskeletal Imaging, Dr Geoff Chow, Royal Free Hospital
14:00: Paediatric imaging, Dr Catriona Reid, Southampton University Hospital
15:15: Nuclear Medicine, Dr Ki Yap, Northampton General Hospital
16:00: Neuroradiology, Dr Kish Mankad, Great Ormond Street Hospital
16:30: The Foundation Quiz, Dr Dylan Roi, St Mary’s Hospital
Bristol Patient Safety Conference 2020
National Patient Safety and Quality Improvement Poster Competition 2020
- Deadline 27th February 2020
- Enter online here: http://www.bristolpatientsafety.com/poster-competition.html
- Do you have an innovative, measurable solution to a patient safety issue?
- Have you made a difference to quality of care?
- Judges will be looking for examples of innovation, joint working and proven outcomes. We welcome entries from everyone involved in Quality Improvement work including junior doctors, nurses, midwives, consultants, AHPs, GPs, medical students and those working in care settings, among others.
- If your entry is shortlisted you will be invited to create and print a poster for display at the Bristol Patient Safety Conference on 14th May 2020 and will qualify for a discounted delegate rate of £159.
- Awards will be announced at the conference.
- You will be notified by the 14th March 2019 if your entry has been short-listed. Please note, submission of a poster is not a delegate booking. You will need to complete the booking form and pay for your delegate place by 2nd April 2020 to attend the conference. If you have any questions email email@example.com.
- Having shown your poster elsewhere is not a barrier to entry.
- Co-authors are entitled to the discounted delegate rate also.
- Terms and Conditions on our website: http://www.bristolpatientsafety.com/poster-competition.html