Cleft Lip and Palate Surgery
Chair of Training Interface Group: Mr D Drake
Number of funded fellowships: 3
Length of fellowships: 12 month option to extend to 24 months
Commencing: Four months after the point of offer
Parent Specialties: Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Otolaryngology, Plastic Surgery
There are currently 7 centres approved for training and trainees have the opportunity to preference which of the centres they would consider training within as part of the application process.
Fellows are appointed annually to advanced training positions in Cleft Lip and Palate Surgery. The numbers appointed are regulated by workforce force planning.
- Cleft.Net.East - Addenbrookes Hospital, Cambridge
- Glasgow Cleft Unit - Royal Hospital for Sick Children/Glasgow Dental Hospital/Glasgow Royal Infirmary/ Southern General Hospital
- Great Ormond Street Hospital and St Andrew’s Cleft Centre
- Northern and Yorkshire Cleft Lip and Palate Service - Leeds General Infirmary/Royal Victoria Infirmary, Newcastle
- South Thames Cleft Service - Guys and St Thomas NHS Foundation Trust
- South West Cleft Network - Frenchay Hospital/Morriston Hospital
- West Midlands Cleft Lip and Palate Service - Birmingham Childrens Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
Advertisements will be posted on our Sub-Specialty Recruitment page shortly before they open. If they are not listed and you would like to find out the next opening dates please email us, or phone us on 01454 252610.
The window for application is usually 4 weeks in length. It is important to check the closing date as late applications are not accepted. All applications are completed online through the national system, Oriel.
As part of the recruitment process candidates will be required to bring with them to the interviews 2 references. One of the references must be from your Training Programme Director.
Were last held on March 31st 2017. There are no recruitment rounds scheduled.