Oncoplastic Breast Surgery
Chair of Training Interface Group: Mr I Mackay
Length of fellowships: 12 months
Number of funded fellowships: 9
Commencing: 22nd July
Parent Specialties: General Surgery, Plastic Surgery
- Bradford Royal Infirmary
- Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust
- Mid Essex Hospital Services NHS Trust - Broomfield Hospital/Chelmsford Breast Unit/Essex Centre
- Newcastle Upon Tyne Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust - Royal Victoria Hospital/Newcastle Breast Unit/University of Newcastle
- Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust
- Portsmouth Hospitals NHS Trust
- Royal Devon and Exeter Foundation Trust
- Royal Marsden Hospital, London
- Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust - Royal Hallamshire Hospital/Northern General Hospital
- University Hospital Birmingham NHS Foundation Trust - Queen Elizabeth Hospital
- University Hospital of South Manchester Foundation NHS Trust - Nightingale Breast Screening Centre/Wythenshawe Hospital/Christie Hospital Cancer Centre
- Whiston and Royal Liverpool University Hospitals
Nine fellows are appointed annually to advanced training positions in breast surgery. There are currently 12 centres approved for training and trainees have the opportunity to preference which of the centres they would consider training within as part of the application process.
Are posted in annually around November on NHS Jobs, Health Education South West and College websites. All relevant information will also be circulated to relevant committees for dissemination to trainees. Current vacancies can be seen on the Sub-Specialty Training Posts section of the website.
The window for application is usually 4 weeks in length. It is important to check the closing date as late applications are not accepted. All applications are completed online through the national system, Oriel.
Shortlisting will not take place and all applicants that meet the eligibility criteria will be offered an interview.
As part of the recruitment process candidates will be required to bring with them to the interviews 2 references. One of the references must be from the Training Programme Director.
Are usually held in January each year.