Academic Clinical Fellowships
Academic Clinical Fellows/Lecturers up to 13
Applications are invited for NIHR (National Institute for Health Research) Academic Clinical Fellow posts in the following specialties and levels:
- Renal Medicine - ST1, ST2 or ST3
- Haematology - ST3
- Public Health Medicine - ST1, ST2 or ST3
- Anaesthetics or Intensive Care Medicine - ST1, ST2, or ST3 (Anaesthetics) or ST3 (ICM)
- Vascular Surgery - ST1, ST2 or ST3
- General Practice - ST1, ST2 or ST3
- Medical Oncology - ST3
- Mental Health Theme (General Psychiatry) - ST1 or ST2
- Acute Care Theme (Emergency Medicine) - ST1, ST2 or ST3
- Acute Care Theme (General Surgery) - ST1, ST2 or ST3
- Dementia Theme (Neurology, Renal Medicine or Diagnostic Neuropathology) - ST1, ST2 or ST3
- Platform Science ("-omics") and Bioinformatics Theme (Paediatrics) - ST1, ST2 or ST3
Applications for these posts must be made via the "APPLY NOW" button, where full details of the application process can be found.
Please refer to both the academic and specialty specific person specifications to check that you meet the essential eligibility criteria. It is important to demonstrate the essential requirements outlined in the specifications on your application form to ensure your application is progressed through the process.
Please note ACF applicants without a NTN/DRN in the specified specialty are advised to also submit an application for standard clinical training, as you will be required to attend a national clinical assessment/interview.
The interviews will be held at Health Education South West - Severn in Bristol. The interview dates are listed in the resources tab.
If you require assistance with your application, please email SEVRecruitment.SW@hee.nhs.uk or telephone the candidate support line on 01454 252610 between 8.00am and 4.00pm.
- Certificate of Eligibility for Specialist Registration (CESR)
- Certificate of Completion of Training (CCT)
|Application Process||Please fully review this guidance for full details regarding the application process|
|Specialty Schools Websites - Severn||Please refer to this link to access the dedicated websites of our Specialty Schools in Health Education South West Severn|
|Job Description - Public Health Medicine (based within a local authority setting)|
|Job Description - Public Health Medicine (based at Public Health England)|
|Job Description - Renal Medicine|
|Job Description - Anaesthesia or Intensive Care Medicine|
|Job Description - Acute Care themed post in Emergency Medicine|
|Job Description - Acute Care themed post in General Surgery|
|Job Description - General Practice|
|Job Description - Platform Science (“-omics”) and Bioinformatics themed post in Paediatrics|
|Job Description - Public Mental Health themed post in General Psychiatry|
|Job Description - Vascular Surgery|
|Job Description - Dementia themed post in either Neurology, Renal Medicine or Neuropathology|
|School of Clinical Academic Training|
|Job Description - Haematology|
|Job Description - Medical Oncology|
|Documents to Bring to Interview|
|Policies and Guidance|
|Travel Expense Claim Form|