Category: Educational/Clinical Supervisors - ARCP
Date: September 26th 2013 2:00pm until 5:00pm
Location: North Somerset Academy, Weston General Hospital BS23 4TQ
This half day course aims to ensure that Educational Supervisors and Annual Review of Competence Progression (ARCP) panel members understand the principles behind and activities required to conduct effective annual reviews of postgraduate specialty trainees.
It is one of the seven core training requirements that all Educational Supervisors must meet.
By the end of the workshop participants will be able to:
- Describe the content and importance of the Educational Supervisors report in annual assessment activities
- Describe the roles and activities required of an ARCP review panel
- Describe the process to be followed, the documents to be used and the decisions to be made in the annual assessment
- Support trainees through the assessment process
- Decide which outcome is appropriate based on required competencies
- Advise on the construction of the development plan for the remainder of a specialty trainee’s training
- Conduct panel activities in a fair and equal manner, being pro-active about diversity issues where appropriate
To book a place please contact Tracy Baudains. When contacting Tracy please confirm the event title and the date you are interested in attending.