Building Trust & Rapport for Supervisors
Category: Educational/Clinical Supervisors - Established Trainers Courses
Date: May 17th 2023 1:30pm until 4:00pm
Course ID: SW560
Establishing and building rapport, from the first point of contact, is the skill that distinguishes exceptional business people from the rest. This module focuses on forming effective relationships, building trust and developing tools and techniques to achieve and maintain rapport. Participants will enhance their ability to adapt their style to control meetings, overcome objections and develop sustainable relationships.
KEY COURSE ELEMENTS
- Having a positive impact at every meeting
- Reading the room and other tell-tale signs
- Establishing an individual’s character quickly
- Attending to the right component of the trust formula
- Adapting your style to their values while maintaining authenticity
Developing rapport and controlling the meeting
- Matching, mirroring and other techniques
- Becoming part of the solution
- A practical tool to manage meetings effectively
- Identifying and developing strategies for your worst customer
- Managing difficult people and challenging conversations
- Re-establishing rapport if it is beginning to slip away
- Techniques to overcome objections while maintaining rapport
PARTICIPANTS WILL BE ABLE TO
- Gain a flying start by making a great first impression
- Understand their own strengths in rapport building and understand how people will value that approach differently
- Flex their style comfortably to match the other person’s preferred style
- Use techniques that will improve rapport building
- Reposition themselves as part of the solution
- Control the meeting and move the discussion forward
- Understand how to respond to objections
- Handle tough clients and retain good rapport through difficult and challenging parts of the discussion
Booking for these courses will be through MaxCourse, our online booking system.
Information about how to use MaxCourse can be found on our website.
Please email FacultyDevelopment.SW@hee.nhs.uk with any questions, before and on the day.