Clinical Radiology - BSSR Visiting Professor
Category: Training - Other
Date: June 11th 2020 1:00pm until 5:00pm
Location: Room 9abc, HEE Level 1 Park House, 1200 Bristol Parkway North, Newbrick Road, Bristol. BS34 8YU
Prof. Dr. Ramy M Mansour MB ChB MSc FRCR.
Consultant Musculoskeletal Radiologist, RCR BSSR Travelling Professor
Inaugural RCR International Travelling Fellow
Nuffield Orthopaedic Centre, Oxford University Hospitals NHS Trust
Dr Mansour is Musculoskeletal Consultant Radiologist at Oxford University Hospitals, Nuffield Orthopaedic Centre and current RCR BSSR Travelling Professor. Professor Dr Mansour will be visiting HEE South West Severn on Thursday 11th June 2020.
He is an invited speaker in national and international conferences, and has delivered more than hundred lectures in countries in Africa, Asia, Europe and the Americas.
He has published articles and abstracts in the medical literature and regularly asked to peer review articles for national and international journals. He is an active member of the ISS Outreach Committee and the regional coordinator for North Africa and the Middle East. He is also a BSSR executive committee member. He is a member of the RCR International Committee, the RCR Equivalence Committee and the ESSR educational committee. He is the inaugural RCR International Travelling Fellowship.
|1:00 - 1:30 pm||Lecture 1|
|1:30 - 2:00 pm||Lecture 2|
|15 minute break|
|2:15 - 3:00 pm||Case Discussion/Viva|
|3:00 - 3:30 pm||Lecture 3|
|3:30 - 4:00 pm||Lecture 4|
|15 minute break|
|4:15 - 5:00pm||Cse Discussion/Viva|
- Imaging of the rotator cuff
- Shoulder instability
- Image guided intervention in the shoulder
- US of the shoulder
- Normal anatomy and common pathologies
- US-guided intervention
- Hand and wrist trauma
- Sports injuries of hand and wrist
- TFCC tears and carpal instability
Pelvis and hips fractures
- Pelvic fractures
- Imaging of an adult hip
- US of Adult hip
- Meniscal injuries
- Cruciate ligament injury patterns.
- Knee corners injuries
Ankle and foot:
- Ankle ligament injuries
- Medial ankle pain
- Posterior Tibial anatomy and pathology
- Spring ligament
- Tendon dislocation around the ankle
- Mid and forefoot injuries
- Mid and forefoot pain
- Ankle and foot masses
- Cervical spine injuries
- Spinal inflammation
- Spinal infections
- Degenerative disease of the spine
- Image-guided spinal intervention
- Brachial plexus injuries
- Management of primary bone tumours
- Incidental lytic bone tumours
- Imaging of Soft tissue tumours
- Spinal infections.
- General diagnostic approach to rheumatological diseases
- Seronegative arthropathy
- Spinal inflammatory diseases
- MRI sequences in MSK
- General principle of Image guided MSK interventions.
- Bone fracture and joint dislocations.