Coaching - Full
Category: Educational/Clinical Supervisors - Established Trainers Courses
Date: October 22nd 2013 9:30am until 4:30pm
Location: Musgrove Park Academy, Musgrove Park Hospital, Taunton TA1 5DA
This workshop distinguishes between the roles of coach and mentor and provides participants with the key knowledge and skills for undertaking focused coaching sessions with colleagues and trainees to help enhance professional and personal skills and improve applied practice.
By the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Clarify the role of the education supervisor as an internal coach.
- Understand the coaching process and competencies required by a coach.
- Use coaching skills based on an established coaching model.
The day’s programme will cover
- What is coaching and how it ‘fits’ with the more usual role of teacher/expert of a senior doctor
- The differences between coaching, mentoring, psychotherapy and counselling
- The OSCAR coaching model
- The essential skills needed for the effective coach including relationship building, appropriate questioning, active and deep listening, reframing, and agreeing actions
- Practice with a colleague on a real work issue.