Effective Careers Advice - FULL
Category: Educational/Clinical Supervisors - Established Trainers Courses
Date: April 12th 2016 2:00pm until 5:00pm
Location: Postgraduate Centre, RUH Bath BA1 3NG
This half day workshop will provide participants with a framework for effective career discussions, underpinned by an understanding of some of the wider issues affecting career choice and change.
By the end of the session each participant will be able to:
- Understand the significance and value of regular career discussions.
- Identify relevant sources of information.
- Understand when and where to refer for specialist support.
- Develop an effective framework for career discussions.
- Structure a constructive discussion with trainees with unrealistic career ideas.
Programme will cover:
- Definition of careers support
- Careers advice in context an overview of occupational choice theories
- The changing medical career structure and its impact upon career development needs
- Frameworks for effective discussions
- Employment legislation and careers advice
- Case studies
- Dealing with unrealistic and/ or challenging behaviour and resources: what, where, who and how.
To book a place please email Severn Education Team. When emailing please confirm the event title and the date you are interested in attending.