HEE-SW Faculty Development Webinar: Quality Improvement (for ESs/CSs)
Category: Educational/Clinical Supervisors - Established Trainers Courses
Date: February 24th 2021 9:30am until 12:30pm
Location: Microsoft Teams
Educational & Clinical Supervisors only.
To book your place, fill in this short booking form. If you are successful, you will receive an online invitation to the event by email in advance of your chosen date. Please email FacultyDevelopment.SW@hee.nhs.uk with any questions, before and on the day.
To enable Educational Supervisors to supervise trainees in Quality Improvement, supporting ideas and projects in their own Trusts and LEPs with successful outcome.
At the end of the session participants will:
- Have evidence of why QI will impact on doctors, patients, society
- Understand the fundamentals of;
- How QI differs from audit
- How time ordered measurement enables learning
- Human factors and safe design using structured means
- Have a checklist of what common barriers there are and explore strategies to overcome them individually or together
- Use QI methods to build shared objective and share means to achieve it.
In preparation for our future Quality Improvement workshops, please see below about an additional Quality Improvement learning opportunity you may want to undertake:
An additional opportunity to learn about Quality Improvement
This free online course has been developed by the West of England AHSN and University of Bath. The next run commences on September 14th for six weeks and we estimate it takes around three hours of self-study each week. To date 23,000 people have taken the course in whole or in part. There will be three runs in 2021 late January, May and September dates are yet to be confirmed. You may find it useful or, once familiar with it, a valuable resource for trainees: