Inclusivity for Trainers
Category: Educational/Clinical Supervisors - Established Trainers Courses
Date: December 8th 2022 9:30am until 12:30pm
Maxcourse ID: SW540
More than ever, leaders need to consider the boundaries, geographies and cultures we work across to make sure people are provided with an inclusive and respectful environment. It’s far more than just implementing policies and procedures. It’s about representation, tolerance and mutual support. In a world where many different genders, races, identities and sexual orientations are present, adopting an ethos of inclusive leadership has never been so important.
This intensive workshop will provide a power refresh of the fundamentals of equality and then progress into deeper levels of understanding, resulting in awareness and skills building to encourage delegates to become inclusive leaders:
- The Equality Act 2010 legislation, discrimination, harassment and victimisation
- Identifying equality, diversity and inclusion issues and the inclusion framework
- Vertical and Horizontal inequalities
- Acknowledging and managing our unconscious bias cues
- The role and impact of inclusion
- Information processing - system one and system two thinking
- Active strategies and tools for improving alignment with corporate values
- Field Theory and Doxa (Bourdieu)
Who should attend
This course has been designed for trainers and doctors in training looking to enhance their skills and awareness of inclusivity. Delegates will leave with the knowledge required to transfer learning back to the workplace, through the development of their own personal action plan.
Booking for these courses will be taken on MaxCourse, our online booking system.
Information about how to use MaxCourse can be found on our website.
Please email FacultyDevelopment.SW@hee.nhs.uk with any questions, before and on the day.