Clinical Leadership and Management Course for HEE-SW Specialty Trainees and Specialty Doctors (Keele University)
Category: Training - Other
Date: September 12th 2022 until September 13th 2022
Our Keele Course is run over two days and is intended for Specialty Trainees in their penultimate or final years of training and Specialty Doctors on the CESR in their final or penultimate year of CESR completion.
Our course satisfies the curriculum requirements for acquiring leadership and management skills to complete training and aims to prepare you for the transition from training to independent specialist practice at consultant level, introducing you to contemporary concepts of leadership and management, as well as offering insights into the consultant appointment process. The course sessions are themed and linked to the Healthcare Leadership Model and the programme design includes interactive presentations from policy experts, personal development consultants and senior speakers. Our speakers all have a wealth of experience of leading and managing in the NHS.
Our course focuses on:
• examining what leading and managing mean in the context of the Consultant role
• creating a sound understanding of how the NHS operates and is financed
• helping course members to prepare for successful interviews and their early years as a Consultant
• enhancing personal effectiveness through a menu of leadership and management skills and techniques.
Learning outcomes will be:
• a working knowledge of NHS structure, policy and finance to support the early years as a Consultant
• greater proficiency in the key leadership and management skills required for effective practice
• confidence to apply successfully for a Consultant post.
For successful applicants, course fees will be paid in full by HEE-SW
To book a place online please go to: https://www.keele.ac.uk/study/cpdandleadership/clm/allcourses/specialtytrainees/hee-swstssas/ *NEW LINK - 27MAY22*
Enquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org
KCLA, School of Medicine, Keele Hall, Keele, Staffordshire ST5 5BG