Diverse and Fair Training
Category: Educational/Clinical Supervisors - Established Trainers Courses
Date: March 9th 2017 9:30am until 3:30pm
Location: Learning and Research Building, Southmead Hospital (Room 2) BS10 5NB
This one day course provides training in how to design and integrate materials on equality and diversity into educational plans and teaching sessions.
Objectives: by the end of the day participants will be able to:
- Summarise the key elements of best practice in equality and diversity that apply to training design, content and delivery
- Analyse subject content and assess where and how materials on equality and diversity are needed, useful and appropriate
- Design activities and materials that explore a range of equality and diversity matters related to medical education
- Describe typical negative reactions that may occur to overt materials on equality and diversity and summarise a range of methods for handling them
- Ensure images and activities used in medical education and training reflect the diverse society which we are part of.
To book a place please email Severn Education Team. When emailing please confirm the event title and the date you are interested in attending.