Informal Learning Opportunities
- To witness ‘good people at work’ and observe role models.
- For trainees to be able to identify themselves as Leaders.
- For trainees to gain the understanding to enable them to engage with the leadership process and recognise leadership in the everyday work.
- To tap into the rich educational resource that is work-based learning.
- To ensure that leadership development is available to all, and not only available within "high end" programmes
To enable this, we are planning leadership initiatives in the workplace to include:
- Recruitment of Leadership Mentors and Leads within each Trust
- Recruitment of Leadership Fellows working with senior trust managers within an organisation.
- Secondment posts supported by HEE. NHSLA to support PG Cert in Healthcare Management and Leadership.
- Whilst supporting both Fellows and Mentors, we will expand Leadership coaches and mentors from within the NHSLA to help underpin leadership expansion into the workplace learning.
Toolkits for Trainers and Trainees
Useful Background reading