Transition to F1 support
The free 6-hour course covers:
- The key knowledge points that every F1 must know
- How to manage an on-call shift
- How to assess the acutely unwell patient
- How to prescribe as an F1
- How to interpret the essential investigations as an F1 including ECGs
- How to look after your wellbeing and avoid burnout during your
QISW International QI Conference (Virtual)
Dear healthcare professionals,
Have you been involved in a quality improvement project? Would you like the opportunity to showcase your work on an international stage? Or maybe you would just like to learn more about quality improvement? Well, an exciting opportunity to do all of these is available for FREE and it is coming up soon!
The QISW international conference aims to showcase quality improvement projects run by doctors, allied healthcare professionals and students in the UK and internationally. This is the third time the conference has run and last year (as a virtual conference), over 1000 participants tuned into the Youtube livestream. This year it will also be virtual and will be hosted on the 14th August 2021.
Abstract submission for this conference is open now and closes on Thursday 15th July - only the first 200 submissions will be accepted. You can find the link for abstract submission here: Quality Improvement Southwest 2021 Abstract Submission (google.com). Successful applicants will have an opportunity to present their work at an international level. We are also in the process of putting together a line-up of exciting keynote speeches and workshops that will be free to attend during the conference.
You can also find more information via our website and social media pages:
BSACI Medical Scholarships 2021
To increase awareness and interest in Allergy as a specialty; BSACI is offering up to 30 scholarships for 2nd yr Foundation / Internal Medicine trainees to attend the BSACI Annual Conference in Harrogate from 7th-9th October 2021.
Information about the meeting and scholarships can be found at https://bsacimeeting.org/ abstract-awards-travel/travel-fellowships
Details of the award:
1. Open to all Foundation year 2, Internal Medicine and paediatric trainees with an interest in or considering a career in Allergy.
2. Up to £550 to cover conference fees, hotel accommodation and travel expenses.
3. The application involves supplying a 300-word statement detailing why the applicant would benefit from this scholarship with a supporting letter from their current supervisor.
4. Abstract submission for the conference is encouraged but is not a requirement.
5. Deadline for submissions is Friday 23rd July 2021.