F2 REGIONAL TEACHING - Essential Psychiatry for F2s Course added to Maxcourse - sign up by 16:00 TODAY
"Mental Health is everyone’s business" - Key knowledge to help you in your ongoing career, whatever specialty you go into.
Avon and Wiltshire Mental Health Partnership are running a regional teaching day covering fundamental psychiatric skills, aimed at Foundation Doctors who have not have had a job in psychiatry. The day is highly interactive, structured around cases and with chances to practice communication skills in simulated consultations.
You can sign up now via Maxcourse: https://www.maxcourse.co.uk/sevfoundation/userCourseListCourseDetails.asp?cKey=18238
• Appreciate the patient perspective through contact with Experts by Experience and patient involvees.
• Understand some of the main differences between history-taking and examination in psychiatry, compared to other specialties.
• Have an awareness of the principles of legal frameworks and risk assessment in psychiatry.
• Discuss the ethical dilemmas and controversies involved in the diagnosis and management of mental disorder.
• Identify reasons for patients' challenging behaviour and acknowledge the role stigma plays in healthcare professionals’ response to these patients.
• Propose coping strategies to deescalate challenging behaviour
• Be able to take a history, perform a mental state examination and assess risk in someone presenting with symptoms of anxiety or low mood.
Opportunity for a foundation doctor on the RCP editorial board - closing date 1 July 2022
The RCP is seeking a foundation-level doctor to edit their popular foundation column, which showcases concise articles written by and for early-career doctors on topics relating to their practice and working lives. You’ll source potential contributors, commission content, help authors develop and hone their work with the help of the publishing team, and contribute to the general strategic development of the journal, representing the perspective of recently qualified doctors.
Please see their website for more information: https://www.rcplondon.ac.uk/education-practice/volunteering/foundation-doctor-opportunity-editorial-board-clinical-medicine
If you would like to discuss further, please contact the editor-in-chief, Anton Emmanuel (email@example.com). Expressions of interest, including a CV, are requested by 1 July 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In2MedSchool invites you to the "Inequalities in Medicine" International Summer Conference, 2 July 2022
This conference will be run by In2MedSchool, a national charity of free mentorship for underprivileged year 12 and 13 students, to support them to get into medical school. The event is entirely virtual. Talks have been organised from a range of international experts, covering different inequalities affecting patients and healthcare staff, with contributions from members of the Women's Medical Federation, Refugee Council, Disabled Doctors UK and Mental Health Foundation.
It is free to attend and certificates of attendance will be provided to support your portfolio.
Free Webinar: A Career in Orthopaedics - 5 July 2022
This webinar is being hosted by WEATS (Women of East Anglia T&O Surgeons). While it will be hosted by Women Orthopaedic Surgeons, many aspects are relevant to anyone wishing to pursue a career in Orthopaedics, and those with families/considering LTFT or time in research/management roles.