Chair of Training Interface Group: Mr Aakshay Gulati
College Contact: Interface@jcst.org, Speciality Manager
Length of fellowships: 12 months
Number of funded fellowships: 2
Commencing: The first Wednesday in August each year.
Parent Specialities: Neurosurgery, Orthopaedics
- The University Hospitals of North Midlands and Oswestry
- Manchester/Salford- Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust
- Sheffield- Sheffield Teaching Hospitals (Herries Road), Sheffield Teaching Hospitals (Glossop Road), Sheffield Children’s Hospital
- Birmingham- The Royal Orthopaedic Hospital and University Hospitals Birmingham
- North Bristol NHS Trust
- Preston- Lancashire Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Oxford - John Radcliffe Hospital and Nuffield Orthopaedic Centre
- Wales- University Hospital of Wales and University Hospital Llandough
- Liverpool – The Walton Centre NHS Foundation Trust
A minimum of two fellows each year will be appointed annually to advanced training positions in Spinal Surgery. There are currently 8 centres approved for training and trainees have the opportunity to preference which of the centres they would consider training within as part of the application process.
For more information about TIG Fellowships, please refer to the JCST Website.
Please refer to the timetable below for key dates in the application process.
|Applications open:||17th October 2022||Advertisements are posted in annually usually around October and will appear on Oriel and College websites. All relevant information will also be circulated to relevant committees for dissemination to trainees and will also appear on the JCST twitter feed|
|Applications close||30th November 2022||It is important to check the closing date as late applications are not accepted. All applications are completed online through the national system, Oriel.|
|Latest date candidates will be invited to interview by:||21st December 2022||Candidates will be asked to book an interview slot via Oriel on a first come first served basis.|
|Interview date:||January 2023||The interviews will be virtual and candidates will not need to attend in person. Click here for the interview details|
If you have further questions, or would like to be emailed when the vacancy opens, please contact either:
• Candidate Support Line: 01454 252610
• Email Support: firstname.lastname@example.org