Spinal Surgery (PILOT)
Chair of Training Interface Group: Mr N Eames
Length of fellowships: 12 months
Number of funded fellowships: 2
Commencing: 22nd June
Parent Specialities: Neurosurgery, Orthopaedics
- The University Hospitals of North Midlands and Oswestry
- Manchester/Salford- Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust
- Sheffield- Sheffield Teaching Hospitals (Herries Road), Sheffield Teaching Hospitals (Glossop Road), Sheffield Children’s Hospital
- Birmingham- The Royal Orthopaedic Hospital and University Hospitals Birmingham
- Preston- Lancashire Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Oxford - John Radcliffe Hospital and Nuffield Orthopaedic Centre
- Wales- University Hospital of Wales and University Hospital Llandough
- Liverpool – The Walton Centre NHS Foundation Trust
Please note that this fellowship is currently running as a PILOT - It is the intention to appoint two fellows annually to advanced training positions in Spinal surgery. There are currently 8 centres approved for training and trainees have the opportunity to preference which of the centres they would consider training within as part of the application process.
Are posted annually around October on NHS Jobs, Oriel and College websites. All relevant information will also be circulated to relevant committees for dissemination to trainees.
The window for application is usually 4 weeks in length. It is important to check the closing date as late applications are not accepted. All applications are completed online through the national system, Oriel.
Shortlisting will not take place and all applicants that meet the eligibility criteria will be offered an interview.
As part of the recruitment process candidates will be required to bring with them to the interviews 2 references. One of the references must be from the Training Programme Director.
Please note that this fellowship is currently being run as a PILOT. It is the intention for Interviews to continue to take place in November each year. If the vacancy is not posted on this page, please feel free to email us or phone on 01454 252610